keskiviikko 18. kesäkuuta 2008

Compromise

Currently I'm driving a 2005 Toyota Avensis station wagon, with a 2,0 liter petrol engine. After nearly six months of happy driving, it's time for me to choose a new car, as the Avensis is nearing the end of it's three year life cycle. A fact that places me in a very interesting position. I'd have to choose myself a new car for the next three years. A fact that has left me obsessed with cars for the past four weeks. Can't decide what I really want.

I'm thinking of a small size family car, even when there is no family to drive with. It's just that acording to our company policy, a car needs to have four doors and that rules out all sorts of interesting possibilities. Even the "new" Volvo C30, my obvious first choise. It would have been the best car for me, but be damned as it only has two doors. Even when it's not really a sports car. Sports cars are also a "no-no", just like SUVs.

So after my first choise is out of limits, it leaves me with a hard decition. What would be the perfect compromise? Maybe one of these:

- Citroën C4
- Citroën C5
- Mazda 3
- Volvo S40
- Peogeot 407
- Peogeot 308
- Honda Civic
- etc...?

As you can see, I've been pretty much all over the place. If also mentioned that I've been thinkin of Alfa Romeo, Subaru Imprezza, Saab and so on.. It has been a small nightmare.

I think I could afford to get a smaller car from a premium brand, but I'd hate the impression it would give out. A junior wannabe with a small four wheel cockpiece. A small family car would be cheaper and would give me the benefit of having a smaller tax value and more money in my pocket. After all, it's only a car. Difficult part is that I'd have to share my life with it for the next three years and I'd hate to do that with a compromise.

Ei kommentteja: