perjantai 13. kesäkuuta 2008

In the footprints of Willem

I suppose it is safe for me to tell you, what I'm planning to do during my summer holiday. As previously mentioned, I only have 8 days of free for the whole year and in my humble opinion, that sux big time. No matter what angle you look at it, but eight days is just too little. Actually, I can't help to wonder how it is even possible to survive the whole year with out a decent break.

Of course it could be that I get fired before that. If somebody finds out what I did yesturday, I'm off the job for sure. As I'm pretty sure that playing the Spider-solitare during work hours won't fit in our "it has been decided" company culture. And most likely it is a certain ticked to the unemployment line. So if anybody finds out that I played two(!!) rounds of Spider solitare yesturday, my holiday plans won't couse me any trouble. Even when I lost both of those rounds, just think how sad that would be.

If still employed, my slogan for this summer will be "road trip". Actually I've already driven more during this summer, than I've ever driven and I'm not even planning to stop. The main idea of my holiday is the Barents sea (Norwegian: Barentshavet, Russian: Баренцево море, Finnish: Barentsin meri). I've always been drawn to the idea of seeing the arctic landscape and having a swim at the northern shore of Europe. Not that I'm much of a swimmer, but the idea is wonderful.

The most beautiful part of my grand plan is that, I'm yet to make a plan. Or atleast having a rigid timetable for the whole trip. There are few places where I would like to stop, but not yet sure if they are manageable. Kajaani of course in some stage of my trip, as there is a guest bed and a good sauna. Other places are still in the dark. Kulennoinen could be nice, but I'm not sure if I can make it. After all, eight days is just 8 days and even when it's a road trip, I wouldn't like to spend my every waking hour behind the wheel. That reminds me; need to make few music CD's for the trip and Behind the Wheel by Depeche Mode would be perfect.

The whole idea is just to explore the north by car. I will have my trusty sleeping bag and few blankets, so I won't have any hotel reservations to keep up. In my eyes there is nothing wrong in parking our car in some beautiful place and spending the night there. After all, it's supposed to be an adventure and hotels would spoil the whole adventure part. Even when the breakfast buffet would have more to choose from. Actually if there is a beach, I might just stay there and drink champagne before going to bed.

Haven't really promoted this this trip, even though I've mentioned it to few ppl. They just don't seem to be interested enought to join me. Couldn't care less as this is my adventure. If it dosn't fit in your idea of a great way to spend your holiday, stick it up your arse. With lots of luv, S

Ei kommentteja: