torstai 9. heinäkuuta 2009

The route of my fathers

So.. I've now read some more about that DNA-project that previously wrote about. Seems that there are two possible choises, eighter my fathers have taken a detour via Southern China to Finland or they have taken the shorter route directly throught the modern day Kazakhstan. Who know.. Personately I think that the Southern China might be a bit far fetched, but I'm not qualified to analyse anchient DNA markers.

I took part with this project becouse I'm curious about these sort of things. It gives me some direct feedback about my own roots and in a way helps me to understand my place in the human history. With this information, it's very obvious that none of my blood relatives have ruled Anchient Egypt. Or that I have long lost relatives in modern day France. But it does mean that my deep roots are from the East. Maybe not from Japan, but some where in between.

One thing that I found pretty common was that all of my fathers must have been hunters. Maybe not all of the of course, but my Y-chromosomes come from areas that are not related to farming. Actually I think that "family" has lived in Northern Scandinavia ever since the last Ice Age. That would almost certainly mean, that farming is very recent activity among the male decendents that share the same DNA markers that I have.

Anyways.. I'm really glad that I took part in this research. Of course it's not anything as precise than you get from a genealogy study, but it fills out the big picture. I now know that I'm related to people living in Africa, Middle-East, Pamir region, Siperia and Finland.

Am I more connected with those regions? Maybe a bit, but still it needs to remembered that we are talking about a timespan of 60,000 and 10,000 years. That is over 1000 generations.


Näytä DNA-Route suuremmalla kartalla

Ei kommentteja: