lauantai 22. maaliskuuta 2008

From Ilford, UK

I have very mixed up feelings when thinking of London. The company training course that I went there was absolutely horrible. It was the single most idiotic course that I have ever been on. The subject itself was actually pretty interesting and would have enjoyed learning about it more but the problem was time management. The days were just plainly stupid. I mean we were waking up at 7.00 in the morning and usually the course started around 8.00 and lasted for the whole day.

Can you imagine how it feels to sit in a small crouded classroom for nine hours and having an intense teaching in a foreign language, with no real brakes? The problem was that there simply were too much in a too short time. The whole course would have been ok if the material had been spread over for like five days, but the whole thing in just three was murder. I hate when things are done the stupid way and not the right way.

What else can I write.. My english isn't perfect and I am accepting that, so I don't enjoy having been constantly reminded about the subject by a persons who have no other knowledge about any other language than their own. It dosn't make me an idiot even when I don't speak fluent english.

Summa summarum:
- course was allright as an idea, but implementation was idiotic
- for some it's not possible to see further than your own language
- East London is pretty horrible
- the British don't seem to drink anything during meals
- beer is more popular than water
- there is a difference between a taxi and a cap
- it's easy to wake up early when your body is two hours ahead of the local time
- the Queen is at home when the flag is hoisted in Buckingham Palace
- it's early spring in London at this time of the year
- the City is absolutely marvelous
- 600 euros / month is pretty decent in Croatia
- it's cheaper to buy whisky at Schiphol than London City Airport
- the water tastes funny in London
- Petrol is the same as bensiini
- go back when you have a holiday

Ei kommentteja: