maanantai 7. huhtikuuta 2008

15 minutes of this and that

Where is the line that turns an interested person in to a fanatic? I'm pretty sure that I follow football more than the avarage Finn. Even when it is just a sport for me, as I don't consider myself a football fanatic. In honest my knowledge about the beautiful game is pretty shallow. Of course the basic rules are clear to me and I know who are considered the strong European teams, but anythig else is in the dark for me.

For example the Finnish players in our local Veikkausliiga (the top flight division) are mostly unknown to me. I try to play Football Manager 2008 just to get the names and the positions that they play in. How's that for a real football fanatic, pretty pitiful I might say. Then again the season is about to start in just few weeks time and I'm looking forward to that more than I did for last Christmas.

As mentioned I can't really consider myself as a fanatic of the sport. More of an enthusiast, but what does it mean after all? As for most Finns even my limited enthusiasm is almost fanatical. Remember, I bought a football scarf from Gothenburg even when I don't really know the team GAIS. I luv the green tought.

Ei kommentteja: