lauantai 26. huhtikuuta 2008

Burning money

I explored the Stockmann in Itäkeskus (East center for those who are challenged with Finnish) for a while today. My main goal was to find myself a decent jacket that I can wear when going to work or just out. I haven't really had a jacket for the spring and summer time and have been forced to wear the one I got from my previous company. It's pretty decent, light blue jacket but as it has the company logo infront of it so I've always felt a bit tagged when wearing it. It never was a dream job and wearing the logo on my chest felt uncomfortable.

That was the mindset that I had when entering the largest covered-in shopping center in the Nordic countries. First jacket that chout my eye was made by some cigaret company and as I don't smoke, it wasn't really an option. And of course brand labels aren't really that high on my wish list anyways. The second was a lot nicer after trying it out decided to buy it. It is pretty basic rain coat colored jacket and I'm hoping it will last the test of time for atleast this summer. Hopefully maybe even the next one also, but we will see.

After locating the jacket I needed new shoes. Same problem as with the jacket, didn't have a decent pair to walk in. Problem solved with a really nice pair of lovely leather sneakers. They don't know well with black business suit, but I'm willing to take the risk of expanding the normal fashion sense.

Also got a brand new belt and a canteen.

And for not wanting to make this a post 100% about fashion, here are pictures of some other lovely novelties. A pair of bayonets for the Brazilian Mauser M. 1908 Infantry rifle and a picture of my true gem, a bayonet for the Finnish Infantry rifle M/39.

Ei kommentteja: