tiistai 6. toukokuuta 2008

Day in Hanko

I'm starting to feel a bit sentimental about Hanko. As mentioned on my previous post I'm hosting a JD even called "Day trip to Hanko". In a way the spring time is the best time to visit Hanko as it's just emerging from the shadows of the winter and everything feels so delicate. The feeling is amplified by the usually cold breeze from the sea as it stays cold even when the temperature rises during the sunny days of spring.

My previous visit to Hanko was during the new year and everything looked so bleak that I could have cried. All the places were just as unbearable, as they just can be in the dead of the winter time at the northern shore of the Baltic ocean. Dark, cold and wet. But spring time is different as all that bad and horrible is left behind as the summer is approaching.

My even grew more popular than I had imagined. As first mentioned I was planning to go there by myself, just to have a look at the places where I've grown up. But now I've ended up with 11 more people in three different cars who want to join my little trip. Weird, as I would have never anticipated such intrest. And don't get me wrong.. I'm not complaining. Far from it. As at the best the trip will be a blast as there is some wonderful people attending.

I think I'll take my camera with me and take some photos. As the places must have changed since the last time I really were there. Looking forward to saturday.

Ei kommentteja: