maanantai 19. toukokuuta 2008

It's about football

A brand new week has started and from the looks of it, it's all about football. As I came home, first thing that got my attention was the special summer 2008 edition of the WorldSoccer magazine. It's the second issue of the magazine that I subscired earlier and by the looks of it, it's pretty nice. Haven't really concentrated on it yet, but there is still time.

The second thing for today is the HJK vs. TamU game later today. As I have the season ticket for the HJK games I'm planning of attending the game. Will need to dress warmly as the breeze is a bit cold, but I'm expecting it to be a really good game. HJK is currently flying in the 5th place in Veikkausliiga, with one game in hand against the rest of the TOP5 teams. The pride of Tampere on the other hand is still searching for their maiden victory and is swimming in deep waters with only three points from five games.

Despite the low position, Tampere United is actually a very good team. It even won the Veikkausliiga last season, the bottom two position must be a shock for them and is not a place where they want to be. I'm expecting a classic "rallying call" fight from them and a massive result against HJK. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Tampere today. It's not that HJK is a lousy team, actually vice versa, but TamU just might want the points more.

The second alternative is that the game will end up in a draw, with one point for each, but in my eyes a tie would be a suprice. I'm expecting a victory for the visiting team mainly based on their coach Ari "Zico" Helm. He is more capable coach than Antti Muurinen, who is more of an single minded "attack is the best defence" type of coach. Zico knows this will concentrate on defence and fast counter attacks. It's not a pretty style, but a style that has served them well against much better teams than HJK and will give them their first win of the season. I'm counting on that and might even place a bet for TamU's victory.

Later in the week we will have the most anticipated game of the regular season. The Champions League final in Moscow, ManU vs. Chelsea. A modern day pinnacle of club football. I haven't really thought about it that much yet, but most likely I'll have a prawn sandwich while watching the game.

EURO 2008.. what can I say.. Will let you know my fantasy team later on, but will keep it to myself for few more days. Need to read the WorldSoccer magazine first. And my friend was wrong, the WS is a lot better than a roll of toilet paper. I've never had such good pictures on my toilet paper.

Ei kommentteja: