tiistai 27. toukokuuta 2008

Summer and then it's gone

I'm over obsessing this and recognize that I'm doing so and yet I can't stop. As mentioned I changed jobs in december and wasn't in a position to argue for a full holiday season, meaning that I only have the minimum guaranteed by the law. Full eight (yes, 8) days of paid holiday for this year. Sux totally, but what can you do..

I've been obsessing about my summer holiday plans, or the lack of them. Eight days is such a short time that I don't want to waste it on something stupid and boring. Also there is the budjet part. I have some other plans for the rest of the year so, for this summer a shoestring might be the correct word. That also kind of narrows down the alternatives. A cheap plane ticket to somewhere silly or having a road trip to somewhere off the beaten track and I'm leaning towards the later. There is nothing wrong of flying to somewhere silly, but I don't think I'm up for it this summer. Will save it for later.

Road trip on the other hand could be the ideal alternative, due to the new job and perks. Only to decide where to go, north or south. Haven't decided yet. I hear that the North Cape is wonderful, but I've also read that Estonia has some lovely castles. Maybe I'll flip a coin...

Ei kommentteja: