torstai 22. toukokuuta 2008

Divided no more and thinking of Helmut

I watched the Champions League final last night and can honestly say, that it was a good decition. The match itself was exciting and couldn't have hoped for more, but as this isn't a match review, I'm only commenting that I loved the penalty shoot-out. In my eyes it is the only real alternative to end a football game after a tie result. Of course it is shocking and even cruel but a tie result deserves something special in the end. Lovely stuff.

This whole week is almost all about football. It started with a football game in Finnair stadium, CL final yesturday, Honka vs. HJK today, Grankulla IFK vs. FC JJK on saturday and for the sunday HJK vs. Mypa. That's five games in seven days and it's safe to say that I've never seen so many games in such a short time. With the exeption of some national team tournaments from the TV.

I was a bit divided about todays game in Espoo, but I think I won't go over there. It's TV game also and I'm getting plenty of live football during the weekend, so why bother. And of course my couch is a lot more comfortable than the B-section at Tapiola Sports Park. Call me sissy, I don't care.

This blog has lately been mostly about football but it hasn't been the only thing on my mind. Actually I've wanted to comment on various topics, but haven't found the time or the energy to do so. Would be really interesting to speculate with the Russian propositon of security garantee for Iran and what is the real beef in that matter. I also read a blog with 75-things that a real man should be able to do and I am sad to say that I failed in several things. Does it mean that I'm not a real man after all? Am I a sissy-boy? What would be the things that a real woman should be able to do.. Could be an interesting topic to think thru.

Friday is also reserved for culture. I'm attending a JD event to see my second favourite(?) photographers retrospective exhibition. Anton Corbijn has a great vission but still lacks the edge that old Helmut had. Or maybe it's the topic that lacks that edge. don't know and honestly don't have the time to think it thru at this moment. I just hope that Anton dosn't die as Helmut did when his retrospective exhibition was over here. Sunday to the Ateneum with V. Looking forward to that. Dinner also?

Ei kommentteja: