keskiviikko 14. toukokuuta 2008

Out-of-Date

Just got my second packet from the Amazon, in time of two weeks. As the USD is still really weak against Euro, buying music from the States is considered a national past time over here. Actually it was in the news just few weeks ago that according to the Finnish Customs, the number of shipments from the US have atleast tripled. No wonder, as it's also practically impossible to get rates for containers bound to the EU. I have been forced to tell some of my clients that they have to wait for five to six weeks even to get space onboard.

But lucky for me the mail dosn't get shipped in containers as I just received my second shipment of cds from Amazon. The first contained the Rolling Stones album "Beggars Banquet", that I just had to buy after seeing the "Shine a Light" movie by Scorsese. A good album and maybe even a better movie. Todays packet had two cds, One from Buddy Guy and Eternamiente by Mexican band Molotov.

I found the band by accident, reading the name off a magazine. After some googling, found out that they play my kind of music, as I'm a total sucker for heavy basslines with heavy guitar riffs. But as my Spanish is limited to only three words, the lyrics don't tell me anything. It's just that the music sounds really good and makes my head bounce.

As I'm pretty illiterate with music, the name Buddy Guy was also totally unknown for me before the Rolling Stones movie. Of course it's a sad and embarrassing, but what can you do. Lock me up in Guantanamo and force feed me music?

Now that I'm listening to the Buddy Guy album, the only thing that really comes in to my mind is that good music dosn't have a out-of-date time. So no matter if you find some good music 30 years after the mainstream, you can still appreciate the experiance. Consider classical music, and explain me when Handel, Ravel or Sibelius is past it's best?

Ei kommentteja: