maanantai 25. helmikuuta 2008

A counterfeited success story

I noticed that the Counterfeiters won the best foreign language film Oscar at the Academy awards. Having seen the movie just a week ago, I am a bit supriced. It was a good and intelligent movie, but it wasn't Oscar material in my oppinnion.

Karl Markovics did perform a pretty good job with his leading role, but still. I think that the movie won becouse the Academy could not get over the idea of not awarding a movie based on jewish suffering in the WW2. That is a subject that usually produces influental movies, but I'm still supriced with this Oscar.

The movie is good and really good entertainment if you are into that sort of subject, but worthy of an Oscar? Don't think so. I'm sure there would have been better movies to choose from. As the best foreign language film usually is the best movie they have in the whole competition.

Ei kommentteja: