sunnuntai 22. helmikuuta 2009

The great war and a cup of hot chocolate

I've been a busy boy. Just finnished tagging all my posts for this blog and have also been preparing for the nazi assault in Hearts of Iron 2, computer game. I'm plaing as France and now have been able to secure my position against the German agression, in 1939.

As I had the advantage of knowing what really happened in the second world war and in what order, I made preparations. It's just sad that they were not enough, atleast not enought to force Nazi Germany in to peace. As she attacked Poland, I laid my invasion from the west. My plan was to force her in to a two front war, but that was not enough. Poland was secured by the German forces, and now I'm facing all her might on my own. My forces have managed to invade in to her soil and they are currently at the outskirts of Nürnberg, but can't get any further. Germany simply has too many divisions, compared to my French divisions. The positive aspect is that, I've managed to secure the provinces with the Siegfried Line fortifications. The battle is still undecided.

Last friday, I had a blast. A friend of mine, Miss V, was visiting Helsinki for the day and managed to secure few hours for me. We met at Narikkatori, infront of Kamppi and then made our way to Cafe Fazer. Only to find it out of order. Suppose they are improving their glass gabinets, for all the coffee cokies and other delicacies, as the whole cafe part was closed.

We eventually found our way to Strindberg's cafe and managed to secure a large glass of hot chocolate for both of us, and traditional laskiaispulla. That's the Finnish sliding day bun for those who are challenged in Finnish language. I also had a nice rye bread with lox and a hard boiled egg, sliced. I felt peckish, as my lunch managed to skip my schedule for the day. All the treats I had, were really nice and are worth trying. The rye bread in the lox sandwich wasn't maybe the best possible bread for that, as it was a bit too hard for a club sandwich type solution.

But when compering both Fazer and Strindberg's, the decition is a tough one. In my oppinnion the cakes are far superior in Fazer's cafe, but the hot chocolate is only decent. It's expensive and they only serve it, on a small coffee cup. In Strindberg's, the hot chocolate is served in a tall Collins glass and is a bit cheaper, even when you get more of it.

I suppose my quest for the perfect cafe, is still on. Or maybe I'll buy a piece of cafe to-go from Fazer, and eat it in Strindberg's with a nice cup of hot chocolate and whipped cream.

Ei kommentteja: