torstai 26. helmikuuta 2009

What a lovely movie

I saw the Revolutionary road just few moments ago, and I'm impressed. The picture was extremely well crafted piece of cinemaphotography, simply a good movie. From every scene, it showed that someone had loved that story and made an effort to make the best possible movie from it.

I'm not saying that the movie instantly became an all time favourite, even when I'm praising it here. The picture lacked suprice and depth, but it still was a piece of fine crafted jewlery. It's hard for me to explain, but the one thing that pleased me the most was, that all the details were well thought of. The scenery, cars, casting and the characters. It almost looked like a living doll house from the 50's. I suppose that's the correct word for it, as I'm trying to describe a world that mirrors the real world with so much accuracy, that it has to be imaginary.

You could tell the story from the minute it started, as I'm sure all in the western world could relate to it. Have I made the correct decision with my life and do I have to courage to sease the moment? Even when the right answer is right there, on a silver plating stearing at you in the eye.

And finally, almost out of context, dare I say it, I'm starting to like Leonardo Di Caprio. He has matured well and of course, Kate Winslet was divine.

Ei kommentteja: