keskiviikko 18. helmikuuta 2009

Tonight: Franz Ferdinand

After listening to the new album Tonight: Franz Ferdinand, I'd like to comment few things.

First, I actually like this sound. It's not quite there, that I'd say that "I really like it", but I'm satisfied. The whole album is produced to it's peak and none of the tracks really let you down. The whole experience keeps you interested, from start to finish. Kudos for Franz Ferdinand.

Second, is it only me that keeps hearing Depeche Mode in some of the tracks on the new album? Or actually, I keep hearing DM, in pretty much most all of the tracks. Especially in the "If I can't have you then nobody can". That song is straight from the DM studio, or atleast it should be.

My Depeche Mode period lasted quite a few years, but it ended years ago. So you can imagine my suprice with this unexpected discovery. Of course it could all be in my head, and I'm having flashbags from the past.

I'm not saying that Alex Kapranos is Dave Gahan, but there still might be something. Atleast I hope there is, as it would be so cool to be right in this subject. Especially as I'm almost illiterate with music.

Ei kommentteja: